RT3 – Real Time for Real Trees with Real Shape, our newest generation primary log breakdown system, has evolved from scores of primary breakdown optimization systems supplied by Porter. RT3 incorporates high definition scan data from multipoint laser scanners and the latest multi-core Industrial Computers to provide accurate true shape log profiling and computer modeling. The highest recovery and value for each log is thus achieved.
Porter has developed RT3 Primary Breakdown Software for shifting, skewing and tilting canters, end-doggers, sharp chains, Chip-N-SawsTM and twin and quad band primary breakdown systems.
Porter systems are custom tailored to your mill. Upstream and downstream processes, mechanical design, markets and special needs are analyzed and incorporated into the system hardware and software.
Integration with Log Bucking
Since the introduction of RT2 – Real Time for Real Trees optimization software for primary log breakdown in the 1980’s, Porter has continued to develop scanning and optimization systems that integrate with our Optimized Log Bucking software.
By bringing forward downstream canter and sawing solutions and combining it with sweep and crook scanning, more accurate log modeling allows for increased recovery and value at the bucking stage.
Features of RT3
- Porter systems are completely customized for your mill, accurately modeling downstream and upstream processes.
- High scan rate, high density multipoint laser scanners
- Industrial Rackmount Intel® Core i7 multi-core scanning/optimization computers
- Grade/Defect Scanning
- Precision log modeling
- Exhaustive search algorithm, optimum solution provided for every log
- Optimum log rotation solution with risk analysis and accuracy reporting
- Optimize for value, recovery or product mix
- Lumber sizes in metric, imperial or a combination
- Full wane rule modeling
- Lumber values can be entered in $/MFbm, cents per piece or $/cubic meters
- Common User Interface, with texture mapping 3D graphics, across all Porter Optimization systems
- Customized mill management reports
- Embedded context sensitive help
Powerful RT3 Simulation Program
RT3 empowers the user to run off-line simulations to determine what effects parameter changes (price, target size, kerf, product mix, etc.) have on value, recovery and resulting lumber mix without actually processing the timber. A single log, a portion of or a complete shift of logs may be simulated and the results can be view in report form and/or graphically.
Scanning/Optimization Computer: Industrial Rackmount Intel® Core i7 multi-core
Full Profile Scanners: High scan rate, high density, multipoint laser scanners
Graphical User Interface PC: Current technology with large flat panel monitors, Microsoft Windows and Office, Disk Management and Antivirus Software
Simulation PC: Current technology with large flat panel monitor, Microsoft Windows and Office, Disk Management and Antivirus Software
Solution Monitors: Flat panel displays for operator and machine outfeed
Computer Cabinet: Dust, oil and water tight and cooled with a high efficiency air conditioner
Encoders: Bidirectional, custom built by Porter with 5/8″ diameter stainless steel shaft and a cast steel enclosure
Documentation: Operating Manuals, Interconnection Diagrams, Wiring Schedules, Electrical Schematics and Component Layouts provided in hard copy and/or electronic format
Porter offers many levels of product support to ensure your continued satisfaction with our systems:
- Free telephone technical support for the life of the system including troubleshooting your system over Internet/VPN
- After Hours Emergency support
- Spare optimization parts stocked at our Richmond facility